With less than two weeks left until Thanksgiving, the pressure is on to find some terrific new recipes that are both healthy and delicious to serve to my guests. Today I feel like I hit the jackpot!
I discovered and tried this amazing recipe for “Pumpkin Fluff Dessert Dip” on 100 Days of Real Food. My entire family loved it, including my picky 9-year-old who won’t even look at anything orange! All ingredients are real food ingredients, which gives me even more reason to love it! This recipe certainly makes the cut on my Thanksgiving menu!
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice mix (found in the spice aisle)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Optional garnish: A few extra sprinkles of pumpkin pie spice (or just plain cinnamon)
- Optional dippers: Sliced apples and whole-wheat graham crackers
- In the bowl of your mixer fitted with a whisk (or use a large mixing bowl and electric beaters), combine the heavy cream, cream cheese, syrup, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice. Turn the mixer to low and blend until the cream cheese is broken up and no longer in big clumps. Turn the speed up to high and blend until the mixture thickens, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Turn the speed back down to low and carefully blend in the pumpkin puree. Scrape the bowl with a spatula if necessary.
- Serve with sliced apples and whole-wheat graham crackers. Store leftover dip in the fridge.