Here is a chicken recipe that all 3 of my kids love (and believe me, it’s not easy to get all 3 of them to agree on ANYTHING!)
Before my kids tried it, they were complaining that we were having chicken AGAIN. After trying it, they were raving about it and even went back for seconds and thirds. They even gobbled up the cold leftovers the next day!
In an effort to minimize waste and make clean-up easier, I prepared it entirely in the baking dish. Previously when I would make chicken with egg or crackers, I would use a separate bowl for the egg and a separate bowl for the crackers, and then I would end up with a sink full of dishes after preparation.
Except for the Ritz Crackers, this recipe uses all REAL food ingredients. I often struggle with finding a good balance between healthy foods and foods my kids will actually eat. If anyone has any suggestions on a healthier, kid-friendly replacement for the Ritz Crackers, I would love to hear them!
4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup Ritz crackers, crushed
2 Tablespoons Parmesan cheese
1/4 cup butter, cut into pieces
2 cloves garlic, minced
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. Rinse chicken, then place in a 9″ x 13″ glass baking dish.
3. Pour egg evenly over chicken.
4. Sprinkle crackers evenly over chicken.
5. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese evenly over chicken.
6. Spread out pieces of garlic and butter throughout the dish.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked through.