Taco Tuesday has become one of our favorite traditions at our house! I love it because I don’t have to decide what to cook on Tuesdays, and the kids look forward to it because they love tacos and they are able to customize it to their own tastes. Finally, something the whole family enjoys!
When I took the October Unprocessed challenge this year, I discovered a taco seasoning recipe that my whole family loves. I love it because it costs less than buying the seasoning packets, it is very quick and easy to make, and I know the exact ingredients that are going into it. If you’re trying to avoid bread, this is just as delicious served on top of rice.
- 1 lb grass fed ground beef
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1½ teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ cup water
- Taco shells (hard shell or soft, your choice)
- Diced tomatoes or salsa, for topping
- Shredded Lettuce, for topping
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese, for topping
- Sour cream, for topping (optional)
- Cooked rice (optional)
- Brown ground beef. Drain.
- In a small bowl, mix chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper.
- Pour seasonings and water over ground beef and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- Spoon the meat into taco shells, or serve over rice.
- Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomatoes or salsa, shredded cheese, sour cream, and any additional desired toppings. Enjoy!