Serves: 52 ounces
- 3 Tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 small onion, about (3/4 cup), chopped
- ⅛ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (about ¾ pound)
- 1 ¾ cup water
- 14.5 oz can chicken broth
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons half and half
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon parsley
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a stockpot over medium heat. Add onion to pan; cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cinnamon and nutmeg.
- Add remaining butter to the pan. Increase heat to medium-high. Cook for 1 minute or until butter begins to brown.
- Add sweet potatoes, water, chicken broth, and carrots. Bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer for 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Place soup mix in a blender. Remove center piece of blender lid; secure blender lid on blender. Place a clean towel over opening in blender lid. Blend until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Stir in half-and-half, salt, and pepper.
- Pour into bowls. Sprinkle with parsley.
(Visited 24 times, 1 visits today)