I have observed that life is simply a cycle of learning, doing, and then teaching. We are all teachers. We are here to teach each other. Keep in mind that every person you meet has something to teach you. Little children are experts in spontaneity and living in the present moment. They are often placed into our lives to remind us to slow down and to learn to appreciate the moment we are in. Seeing the world through the eyes of a child can also remind you of the perfection of nature and the gifts we often take for granted as we rush through our busy lives.
I believe we all share the responsibility to pass on our knowledge, wisdom, and stories to our descendants and to anyone else who is willing and open to receiving them. Think about your ancestors who have passed on. What is the most valuable thing they could have left for you? I personally believe nothing is more precious than the pictures and documented stories from their lives, including the lessons they learned and the wisdom they gained.
We are all connected on this planet, and we were put here to help each other. Just as parents have the duty of teaching their own children how to stay safe and how to care for themselves as they grow, I believe it is our duty to help each other by lovingly sharing any wisdom gained and knowledge in our areas of expertise.
We all have a story to tell. It may be scary at times to put yourself out there and share your story, but you never know who you may help by doing so. One of the main reasons you are here is so you can share your story and help others going through similar situations. Your story is more valuable than you know. Please share it.
Question of the Day
Which pieces of wisdom have you gained so far in life that you would like to pass on to others?
The above excerpt is from Day 25 of the book, The 31-Day Self-Love Challenge. I am currently taking the challenge and this question came up today. If I were asked to share what I have learned so far in my lifetime, here are the bits of advice I would offer:
- Open your mind! Don’t stay stuck in the beliefs you have been fed throughout your lifetime. There are many other perspectives out there that are also right.
- EVERYTHING is a gift! EVERY person, EVERY thing, and EVERY situation you encounter IS a gift.
- Everything happens for a reason, and always for the greater good.
- GRATITUDE is the secret to happiness!
- Use your gifts to help others! SERVICE is the secret to joy!
- SURRENDER is the secret to peace! There is no need for worry. Let go of your worries, and let God take them over.
- LOVE is ALWAYS the answer!
- Regardless of the mistakes you have made, you are UNCONDITIONALLY loved…we ALL are! We are spiritual beings in a physical body. Since spirit cannot be destroyed, you are NOT broken, and you can never be broken!
- Nature is the only thing that is perfect. When we interfere with the perfection of nature, we create problems.
- All of the answers are within you. Find some time each day to be in silence and connect with God, and you will find them!
- Treat others the way you would want to be treated. We are all connected. What you do, say, or think about others, you are also doing to yourself. Be kind always and extend love, not judgement!
- BE YOURSELF! God doesn’t make mistakes. You were created exactly as you are for a reason. You are needed on this earth exactly as you are! Your purpose in life is to spread love to others by being yourself and using your natural gifts and talents! Share your stories and your lessons learned to help others.
What have you learned so far in life that you would like to pass on to others? Feel free to comment and share your wisdom with the rest of us!