I’ve tried many meatball recipes over the years, but this one is by far our family favorite.
Serves: 16 meatballs
- Cheddar cheese, cut into 16 cubes, approximately ½-inch in size. (My kids like the yellow cheddar, but you can use white cheddar or another type of cheese if you prefer)
- 1 lb grass-fed ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup breadcrumbs (I usually toast two pieces of bread and then grind them in my Nutribullet)
- 2 Tablespoons parmesan cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 28-oz jar spaghetti sauce (Make sure it is only made with real-food ingredients and no added sugar. I like Victoria brand, but use your favorite)
- Mix together salt, parsley, egg, garlic powder, black pepper, breadcrumbs, parmesan cheese, and milk.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Roll into 16 meatballs.
- Place one piece of cheese inside each meatball and roll until cheese is completely covered.
- Add meatballs to the crock pot.
- Pour sauce over the meatballs.
- Cook on high for 4-5 hours.